Estimated reading time: 1 minutes
One of our favorite meals on a cool day is roasted chicken and vegetables. My husband claims he has perfected this recipe. Each time he’s made it, I have to agree. The chicken is perfectly seasoned and stays juicy. Not only is it consistently tasty, it is also super easy to prepare.
Besides wanting to document this recipe, it is also a great one to culminate our trip to Charleston. It presents a healthier way to enjoy its traditional fried friend.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||120 minutes|
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tsp salt (or more, if you'd like)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp italian blend seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 lemon sliced
- 1 cast-iron skillet
- Pre-heat the oven 425.
- Take out the bag of innards.
- Pat the chicken dry and place in a cast-iron skillet.
- Liberally salt and pepper the outside and inside of the cavity.
- Season outside of chicken with Italian blend seasoning and 1 clove garlic.
- Stuff the cavity with parsley, rosemary, 1 clove garlic, and lemon.
- Tie drumsticks together with twine.
- Fold the wings up.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast chicken for 50 minutes. (Check the temperature at 45 minutes. The temperature should be 160.)