Estimated reading time: 1 minutes
This is my go-to meatball recipe, based on a small course I took on Skillshare with the founders of The Meatball Shop in NYC. (I also use their basic sauce recipe, which you can find here.) Though I come from a family that loves hearty, meaty meatballs, I really like smooth, creamy meatballs. This recipe does the trick. The ricotta provides the fat and creaminess needed to make the luscious, dense, smooth texture. They are super easy to make and the recipe is versatile. I sometimes throw in garlic and other herbs. Sometimes, I use dried herbs, depending on what I have in stock. You can choose different meats such as chicken or lamb, and you can also try different types of breadcrumbs.
These meatballs are the perfect addition to any Sunday Sauce. I usually let my meatballs simmer in the sauce for 1/2 hour after they are baked. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1.5 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- "Healthy Dollop" of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano chopped
- Heat the oven to 425.
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands in a bowl.
- Roll the mix into meatballs and place on a well-greased baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the meatballs for 17 minutes.
- Try with my Sunday Sauce recipe, which you can find here.