Estimated reading time: 0 minutes
On the first sunny, warm day of Spring, you too may be craving a margarita. While your local Mexican restaurant may serve their margarita to you using a mix, you can make your own skinny version at home with fresh and quality ingredients – no sugar needed. This is our go-to margarita recipe. It’s so easy, you may just want to invest in a quality juicer.
- 2 oz blanco tequila (we like Herradura Silver)
- 1 oz lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 oz orange liquor (we like Grand Marnier)
- salt (for the rim, optional)
- ice (we like large ice cubes)
- 1 lime (for salting the rim/decoration)
- Add the tequila, lime juice, orange liquor and one ice cube to a shaker and shake.
- Run lime wedge around the outer rim of a rocks glass and dip rim in salt.
- Pour the cocktail over one large ice cube in the glass.
- Place a lime wedge on the edge of the glass for decoration and enjoy.