Estimated reading time: 0 minutes
I have been doing my best to research helpful spices and incorporate them more into my diet. Ashwagandha is the number one herb recommended in Ayurvedic healing. It belongs to the same plant family as the tomato and has a red fruit the size of a raisin. Although it can help alleviate a variety of symptoms, I am incorporating Ashwagandha for three reasons: stress, lack of energy, and as a brain booster. This recipe uses this powerful spice in a simple smoothie.
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
- 1/2 cup banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or other nut milk)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ashwagandha
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Bob's Red Mill Whey Protein)
- 1 tsp almond butter (I used Justin's Maple Almond Butter)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Top your smoothie with chia seeds or shredded coconut.