Estimated reading time: 0 minutes
I have been doing my best to research helpful spices and incorporate them more into my diet. Tumeric is at the top of this list. My husband’s family suffers from arthritis and the onsets of this pain him some days. Tumeric was the first spice to come up in my research of anti-inflammatory spices. It is a dried substance from a plant in the ginger family. It has a beautiful color and an earthy flavor. Besides fighting inflammation, it is also a brain booster and cancer fighter- two things everyone needs! Tumeric can be used in a variety of ways; the Wellness Mama has a great list here. This recipe uses this powerful spice in a simple smoothie.
|Prep Time||2 minutes|
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 scoop Perfect Fit Protein (or other protein powder)
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Top your smoothie with crushed nuts or shredded coconut.