Estimated reading time: 1 minutes
These are little Fiona’s favorite treats. She has a million of these every day. I love that they are a healthy, homemade treat and I know exactly what is in them. The recipe is pretty simple. Just mix all the ingredients together and bake.
You can either roll tiny balls or my new favorite method is to roll out a roll and then cut the roll in 4’s lengthwise, and then chop off little slices. This method makes treats just the right tiny size!
This batch will make a bunch of tiny treats. I freeze more than half the treats and then I put the rest in the fridge. They are fully cooked, so they may not NEED to be refrigerated, but I still do it anyway.
|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 4 cups stone ground whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz organic canned pumpkin
- 3 tbsps peanut butter
- 3 tbsps ground flax
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into small treat balls.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 25 minutes.
Optional: I sometimes add about three small handfuls o pepitas, if I have them. You can grind them up in a food processor or blender and then add them to the mix.