Estimated reading time: 1 minutes
These foil packets are the perfect Summertime party food. They are so easy to make and don’t take long to grill. Although we made these just for the two of us, my hubby and I discussed how a host could easily grill up multiple packs for a party of people. This conversation veered into a dream of opening a rooftop beer bar that served these easy, yet delicious packs. Or a streetside beer bar food truck, since they could be like gourmet street food. You could use foil bags to grill these up and then place them into food baskets. The concept, itself, is really simple and flexible. While this recipe features shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn, it could instead feature white fish bits and different vegetables or even fruit. Enjoy!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 12 shrimp raw or thawed
- 2 andouille sausages thinly sliced
- 2 ears corn chopped in quarters length-wise
- 3 potatoes chopped, any kind of potatoes (I used fingerlings)
- 2 cloves garlic diced (you can also use garlic powder instead)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh or dried
- 1 lemon sliced (you can use lemon juice as a substitute)
- 2 pats butter (salted or unsalted)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Foil (not an ingredient, but you will need a few long sheets or grilling bags)
- Turn on the grill, medium heat.
- Peel off two sheets of foil, about 2 feet each, and lay on a cookie sheet.
- Next, you are going to place half of the ingredients on one sheet and the other half on another sheet. Leaving a 1-inch border, place the ingredients on one side of each sheet.
- Fold the sheet in half, so the contents are in the middle. Then, fold over a half in section of each side, twice or three times - so you have a sealed pocket.
- Place on the grill for 15-20 minutes.
- If you poke a hole in one of the bags while placing on the grill, simply grab another piece of foil and wrap it around the existing piece of foil.
This recipe was originally featured on Delish.